Eggs Scrambled Soft means the eggs are a tad on the shiny side, have a soft pillow like texture and they even might be a little watery to look.
You can make excellent scrambled eggs in the rice cooker and it is even easier if it has a non-stick pan inside.
You can make them very soft, moist and creamy but not runny or you can make them slightly solid, whichever way you prefer.
The trick is to add milk or water in the mixture. The eggs should be at room temp. Cooking should be done slowly and only mix in the salt when they just start to firm up.
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp water
Salt and pepper
Rice cooker or Stove top with a nonstick pan
Let start making it. Before you start make sure to bring the eggs to room temperature (i.e., if they were refrigerated ).
1. Break one egg into a bowl, add 1 tbsp milk and 1 tbsp water. Beat well.
2. Put 2 tbsp milk in the rice cooker and cover with a lid. Start the cook button.
3. When the milk becomes hot and just starts boiling pour the beaten egg and sprinkle salt on the surface. Do not mix.
4. Cover and cook for 2 mins.
5. The egg starts to solidify. Gently start pulling the egg from corner to centre with a wooden spoon. Do not stir, if you do, all the air inside the beaten egg will escape.
6. Slowly start pull and push and bring them to the centre when they start getting firm in the bottom.
7. Cover again with the lid and cook 1 or 2 mins. Open and flip each large pieces of scrambled egg to other side.
8. Switch off the electric rice cooker and keep it covered. It will cook in the hot rice cooker even after it is switched off.
There will be few tsp of liquid remaining in the pan along with the eggs and you know the eggs are done.
Remove onto a plate and sprinkle ground black pepper corns and enjoy with some Whole Wheat or Wheat oat bread.
Cooking the proteins on slow heat for a longer time makes them soft. So we have added milk and water to slow down the process. Use the same trick when you are cooking on the stove top too.
Check out the some recipes from my other blog- sameveggiemanyways.
You can cook these in rice cooker too.
This masala is used in various gravies and stir-fry.
Hope you found this recipe useful. Please visit again and stay connected.
You can just give a simple click on Facebook/ Twitter/ Google+/email buttons below and share it with your friends today. Thank you !