With few basic vegetables and fruits you can make this cool and colorful yoghurt based salad (raita).
If pomegranate is unavailable replace it with red apple or green grapes or kiwi fruit.
It is an excellent alternative to mayonnaise based coleslaw eaten along with burger and grilled sandwiches.You can top this on cream crackers for a quick snack or just dig in with a spoon for a filling snack.
You don't have to decorate the salad. I do it to only to make photos presentable.
- 1 cucumber (peel off the skin if you are using thick skinned light green cucumbers, cube or shred or grate them- should fill a 250 ml bowl.
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (1/2 cup green grapes /1 kiwi fruit or a red apple peeled and chopped)
- 1 small onion chopped or sliced with a slicer
- 1 cup yoghurt (curd or dahi)
- 2-3 walnuts broken into bits
- 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Dried Mint + 1/2 tsp salt and pepper or instead of these just add 1/2 tsp-3/4 tsp chaat masala
Beat the yoghurt with a spoon or a fork till smooth.
If you are using dahi (curd) taste it first and if it is sour add 1/2 tsp of sugar.
Add in cubed or shredded cucumber, pomegranate arils, chopped onions, walnut.
You can refrigerate this salad at this stage.
When you are hungry ... mix in salt, walnut and sprinkle dried mint.
Hope you found this recipe useful. Please visit again and stay connected.
You can just give a simple click on Facebook/ Twitter/ Google+/email buttons below and share it with your friends today. Thank you !